The ASPHA association has been set up to:
- Provide a forum for sharing innovative ideas, and adapting scientific knowledge specific to our particular environs to promote health, reduce disease burden and alleviate poverty to help accelerate health development in Africa.
- Allow joint actions for evaluating the different curricular, tools and materials being used for training by the different institutions and work towards setting specific standards for training and setting up new schools of public health.
- Strengthen competences in training and research in the institutions and build partnerships in order to share the diverse knowledge and expertise possessed by individual leaders and institutions
- Identify gaps that currently exist and are a hindrance to capacity building in Africa so as to prioritize methods sustainable in the African context for optimizing the use and sharing of local resources and expertise on the continent.
- Create a virtual faculty of public Health Experts in Africa that can be easily accessed in the region
Influence health policy in the African Union and regional economic blocks through collective actions and publications and contribute to health development on the continent